“I was in Brazil about a month ago, I had some problems with my visa and was going over to the consulate every single day trying to see if my passport was ready to be *****d up… Finally made it back to the US, spent about a week in Connecticut and been here for three weeks, in that meantime I was on antibiotics, I had a fever, a bad throat and a lot of things happened.
“When I was in Brazil, I hurt my rib; it was an injury that I had about a year ago and that came back, so that was something that I was dealing with… And when I came here, my throat was still bad; went to the doctor and was put on another round of antibiotics, I even recorded a video at the time that I might show, but I went through a lot.”
Damage to his rib, sickness, and visa issues aside, Pereira was also still suffering from the toe injury that he sustained back in his previous title clash with Jamahal Hill.
“Also, the ligament in my toe that was hurt for UFC 300, that came back so there was a lot of things that I went through… It was a tough fight, but it was a tough lead-up to the fight and [that’s why] I am actually really proud of myself in this moment.”
https://bloodyelbow.com/2024/10/06/a...training-camp/



Reply With Quote
Bookmarks