Thread: Chetnici su nastali od istoimene teroristicke organizacije krajem 19. vijeka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Chetnici su nastali od istoimene teroristicke organizacije krajem 19. vijeka

In Kosovo and particularly in Macedonia, in the second half of the 19th century, a volunteer Serbian terrorist organization called Chetniks was in operation. They fought and rebelled against supporters of Bulgaria and those who supported Greece and a liberated Macedonia. Also in 1903, in Belgrade, a main council for the Chetnik actions were chosen and in 1905 an association Serbian Defense was founded with the goal to strengthen the battle "for Serbian interests"

Chetniks, An Encyclopedia of Yugoslavia 3, Zagreb 1984

From 1908, the National Defense was working on the same task that directly prepared political and sabotage actions in Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, and Croatia. All these organizations and associations were supporters and trainers of the terrorists who assassinated the heir to the Habsburg throne, Ferdinand in Sarajevo in 1914, provoking the First World War.

They planned (with Peter Karadjordjevic’s knowledge) the liquidation of his grandfather, the Prince and King of Montenegro Nikola Petrovic (the bomb and the Kolasin affairs of 1907/8 ). Members of these terrorist organizations stood behind a number of actions and liquidations in Croatia. Some Serbians from Croatia were volunteers in Chetnik units in Macedonia and their leaders often travelled as informers in Croatia and Bosnia.
    Last edited by Petar Mrvaljevic; 10-05-05 at 11:45.
    "Postojaće Crna Gora dok je Lovćena i Durmitora, dok je mora pod Barom i Kotorom, dok je Sunca i dok je Grahovca!"

Thread Information