Thread: Herceg Novi or Kotor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Herceg Novi or Kotor

Hi all

I am leading a group of 4 friends to a holiday in Montenegro next July.

I would like some advice on places to visit. We are planning to visit Budva and another place between Herceg Novi and Kotor. Can you locals direct me at the best place between Herceg Novi and Kotor. Also if you know any other clubbing centres please advice.

We are after beach bars and nightclubs mainly, the loud music clubbing type.

I also plan to take the group for a day at the National Park. I am undecided between Nacionalni Park Skadarsko Jesero or Nacionalni Park Lovcen. Do these parks have organised tours like the Plitvice National park in Croatia?

Also I need to know if there are any adventurous activities to do in the towns we are visiting, like Rafting or boat hiring for example.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge sharing

Holiday Maker from Malta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I can tell you something about Kotor. As you probably know there is a beautiful old town. You can visit it in relatively short time, and then to go to Perast, a wonderful place about 20 km away.
    About beach clubs.. There isn't really some good offer, few small ones and that's it. But disco Maximus is a place you must visit. www.discomaximus.com
    Many people say it is the best one on Adriatic coast.
    About national parks. I think both of them have something to offer, but I'm not quite sure if there is an organized tour for Skadarsko Jezero. I prefer Lovcen, you can be on mountain in just one hour from Kotor (take the old road, there are some incredible views). And I think they have an organized tour.
    Rafting on Tara river of course, contact user Octavian on this forum, he organizes that.
    I hope I helped you.
    Bijo si poziw koi se neodbija

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holaaa,
    I also live outside the borders of Montenegro, but I can say that you should visit both places, especially Kotor... the place is beautiful
    You will not regret
    Ne misli mnogo ni istrajno....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Maximus, great club in kotor, in fact one of the best I have been to, the light show is amazing. The clubs sound system is tuned to perfection also, keep an eye out as they generally host International DJ's during summer. Last year they held the Refresh festival there over 3 nights.

Herceg Novi also has some nice clubs/day/beach parties. Check out Peoples beach bar....they have day parties there and foam parties there

Music is a bit too commercial for my liking but plenty of eye candy

If u want to party in a cool ass venue, check Forte Mare.....its an underground club in a castle on the outskirts of HN, VERY cool and no cheesy music there.....wicked venue and u can chill on top of the castle while looking over herceg novi

Overall, you wont be dissapointed in MNE, thats why I try and go over every summer also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also in Budva, there is a crazy open air club built in the hills above the town built by rich russians, wow, amazing club also, go there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junglist View Post
    Also in Budva, there is a crazy open air club built in the hills above the town built by rich russians, wow, amazing club also, go there!
    That club is CLOSED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

really? wow

why? that club was dope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holiday maker View Post
    Also I need to know if there are any adventurous activities to do in the towns we are visiting, like Rafting or boat hiring for example.
    Paragliding over Kotor seems adventurous!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holiday maker View Post
    Hi all

I also plan to take the group for a day at the National Park. I am undecided between Nacionalni Park Skadarsko Jesero or Nacionalni Park Lovcen. Do these parks have organised tours like the Plitvice National park in Croatia?
    It is defintelly better to visit National Park Skadarsko jezero than National park Lovcen. You should go to the town Virpazar where you can rent a boat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Well... Few basic thing - Kotor has more stone houses in old town, and Old town is framed with walls so you hardly can lost. While Herceg Novi is bigger for exploration and might have more interesting places. Herceg Novi also has a lot of stairs, as, most of the town is uphill-downhill.. Except if you go straight on the same level (it has few long and nice streets at the same level).

Now. Place where you should go is Perast, really old historical town. Also. In Risan you can find gallery of mosaics from Roman age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Bumping 2 year old threads?
    rm -rf /

Thread Information