Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intel // Novosti

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intel unveils Knights Ferry HPC Co-Processor specifications

32 cores, 128 threads, 8MB shared L2 cache, 1.20GHz

Earlier this week, Intel VP Kirk Skaugen released a PowerPoint slide detailing the rich history of Intel’s commitment to HPC innovation, its progression from the Petascale age to the Exascale age of supercomputing, and some hard specifications for its highly parallelized MIC architecture aimed at enterprise markets.

Back in 2007, we wrote that Larrabee was initially designed as a discrete graphics engine and was also capable of computing highly parallel applications while preserving x86 programmability. In May 2010, Bill Kircos, Intel’s Director of Product and Technology Media Relations, announced that the Larrabee project would never materialize as a discreet GPU part and would instead be transitioned into a new architecture leveraging both Larrabee and Intel’s many core research projects.

During ISC 2010, that architecture soon came to be known to the HPC crowd as Intel MIC (Many Integrated Core). In its official announcement, Intel outlined plans to ship a MIC development kit platform to select customers known as Knights Ferry. According to Slide 34 of Skaugen’s keynote presentation, Knights Ferry is an x86-based design with 32 cores on a single chip, each with four threads, a 32KB L1 instruction cache, a 32KB L1 data cache, and a 256KB L2 cache. In total, the chip has 8MB of shared L2 cache, which some analysts note to be an interesting design point as many high-parallel applications do not require such a large on-chip cache.

Each processor has a very wide 512-bit vector unit allowing 16 single-precision floating point operations to be computed in a single instruction, with double-precision floating point operations yielding half throughput value.

Although the Knights Ferry development kit looks very similar to the outline of GPU, we are reminded to mention that it isn't a GPU because it has x86 cores. Besides, Intel would never do such a thing. Nevertheless, the card comes with a dual-slot heatsink, features up to 2GB of GDDR5 memory, and connects to a standard PCI-Express 2.0 motherboard slot. Intel advertises MIC as an “Intel Co-Processor Architecture,” so by nature it can become drop-in compatible with an Intel Xeon chip without the need to reprogram application code in another language.

HPCwire.com has published a detailed architecture comparison between Intel’s Knights Ferry based on MIC architecture and Nvidia’s Tesla products based on Fermi architecture. As noted by Michael Wolfe, Slide 33 from Skaugen’s keynote presentation depicts the Knights Ferry architecture layout with remarkable similarity to the 2008 SIGGRAPH article describing Larrabee.

Figure 1: Schematic of the Larrabee many-core architecture: The number of CPU cores and the number and type of co-processors and I/O blocks are implementation-dependent, as are the positions of the CPU and non-CPU blocks on the chip.

Figure 2: Schematic of the Intel MIC (Many Integrated Core) architecture

Given the fact that Knights Ferry is not a commercially available product, it remains unclear whether or not it has similar design aspects to Knights Corner, the first MIC product Intel plans to launch. According to official plans, it will be manufactured on the 22nm half-pitch process node, will contain over 50 cores, and will be released sometime in 2011. All in all, we expect the next 16 months in the HPC sector to hold many interesting application performance competitions among Intel, AMD and Nvidia. While Intel boasts its x86 instruction set as a provider of maximum compatibility with existing applications without need for dual language programming on processor and co-processor, AMD and Nvidia focus their efforts on maximizing floating point throughput using a heterogeneous combination of CPUs with their Evergreen and Fermi GPU architectures.
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

ovo samo za loverclocker-a
    eVGA Classified SR2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    ovo samo za loverclocker-a
    eVGA Classified SR2
    ouuuf.... SEXY!
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loverclocker View Post
    [Thermalright] New heatsink lineup

Jel se šprajcuje sa letvicom odozdo ili se vezuje žicom odozgo ? Ovakav cirkus može biti neškodljiv za MB samo ako stoji horizontalno u nekom desktop kućištu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tivatech View Post
    Jel se šprajcuje sa letvicom odozdo ili se vezuje žicom odozgo ? Ovakav cirkus može biti neškodljiv za MB samo ako stoji horizontalno u nekom desktop kućištu.
    ne brate, razapnes motku kroz kuciste i ne mrda!
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ASUS Rampage III Extreme xXx Edition wants the World Record(s)

ASUS Rampage III Extreme xXx Edition wants the World Record(s)

X58A-UD9 video published in June by Gigabyte, Asus ROG Xpander was named to the solution referred to and investigated by the test case to come to our center compared with UD9 X58A-mentioned. Gigabyte over two NF200 chip areas and four graphics cards, the PCIe lanes any contraction live without full-speed-capable X58A-UD9 model against the Asus develops ROG Xpander platform, a different engineering understanding as a product test center, we took part.
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intel Jumping onto USB 3.0 Wagon

The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed spec really is all that and a bag of Baked Lays (unless you're not a fan of Baked Lays, in which case insert your own awesome variety of chips). For starters, USB 3.0 crushes USB 2.0 in maximum theoretical transfer rates at up to 4.8Gb/s versus 480Mb/s. But speed isn't the only benefit. The SuperSpeed spec supports full-duplex data transfers, delivers more power to devices, and allows for longer cable runs. And best off, it's backwards compatible with USB 2.0.

So why the frak aren't we seeing USB 3.0 all over the place? Blame it on Intel, the world's No. 1 chip maker who happens to be dragging its feet in supporting the new spec. The only way you'll find USB 3.0 on boards now is through a third-party chip, primarily from NEC.
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sandy Bridge has a dark secret

WHAT DARK SECRET doth Sandy Bridge hold? How is it going to crush CUDA and make Nvidia's fading hopes fade faster? Well, if you look at the right side of the die shot, you will see something odd, and that is the 10 ton weight whistling down on Nvidia.
    read
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EVGA X58 SLI3 Winning Motherboard

EVGA is proud to announce the new EVGA X58 SLI3 motherboard! The EVGA X58 SLI3 took the EVGA X58 LE, improved the design and amped up the features! With the addition of USB 3.0 and SATA 3/6G, this motherboard becomes a great value for the future and allows compatibility with all the newest high speed peripherals. Have it all with the EVGA X58 SLI3: performance, features, value!

The two USB 3.0 ports allow for speeds up to 5Gb/s, more than 10x the performance of USB 2.0! SATA 6G allows double the performance of SATA 3G, and of course the award winning EVGA overclocking features put this motherboard in a class of its own. In fact, EVGA X58 motherboards have won over 20 awards from leading hardware review sites.
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intel's big week: What to expect and why

Intel's big week: What to expect and why
    SAN JOSE, Calif. – Here's what to expect this week from the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco based on my reading of the online program and the chatter I hear.

Intel will provide the first details of Sandy Bridge, its new 32nm microprocessor architecture that will power a broad range of its chips over the next two years. It will roll out at least one and maybe more Atom-based SoCs including Groveland a chip aimed at set-top boxes. And it will provide more details on the technical thinking behind its $7.7 billion acquisition of McAfee Inc. that left many pundits scratching their heads.
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intel on track for 22 nm

Intel on track for 22 nm

He didn’t go into many details but he did say that Intel expects to ship 22nm processors in the second half of 2011. It appears that Intel has sped up the transition process, as Sandy Bridge, the second generation of Core CPUs, is supposed to ship in Q1 2010.
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Perica je jedan duhovit' dečkić...
    http://www.cafemontenegro.com/index....27&news=137275
    If you turn a man into a fish, you will catch him for a day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Perica je jedan duhovit' dečkić...
    http://www.cafemontenegro.com/index....27&news=137275

decko je legenda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

http://www.inpai.com.cn/doc/hard/138458.htm

test sandy bridge-a ..uporedili i7 2600k sa i7 875k na 3.4 ghz i znacajno je bolji samo u 3d renderingu, video encoding-u (oko 10%) i igrama koje se oslanjaju na cpu (starcraft 2 recimo 25% brzi)
    Last edited by memyselfandi; 25-11-10 at 10:45.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

\\
    OFL•GIC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Najveći svetski proizvodjač kompjuterskih procesora je od januara do decembra 2010. ostvario prihod od 43,6 milijardi dolara, s tim što je neto profit bio na nivou od 11,7 milijardi dolara, ili 2,5 puta veći nego 2009. godine.
    Malo li je....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Nije loshe, ali Apple ima 60 milijardi cistog kesha u bankama. To je firma, a ne jadan AMD, koji je zavrshio godinu sa mizernih 6,49 milijarde dolara :mrgreen:
    \\
    OFL•GIC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Jedno je Apple, kaži masnom Amerikancu da ćeš mu okinuti prste ako kupi ajfonfour, on će i dalje kupiti...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intel’s Next-Gen Ivy Bridge to Offer 20% - 30% Performance Boost Over Sandy Bridge

Performance of Intel Corp.’s latest Core i-series “Sandy Bridge” and improvements it brings over predecessors is rather impressive, which is why the company managed to sell over eight million of appropriate microprocessors in just several months of revenue shipments. The next-generation central processing units (CPUs) will bring further 20% - 30% of speed boost, according to a media report.

In general-purpose applications Ivy Bridge micro-architecture-based chips will boost performance by around 20% compared to Core i-series “Sandy Bridge” products; performance of integrated graphics core of Ivy Bridge will get 30% higher compared to the graphics engine of the latest microprocessors by Intel, according to VR-Zone web-site, which claims that it had seen documents with Intel’s internal performance estimates.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...ge_Report.html
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

http://www.cafemontenegro.com/index....27&news=178937

Keeley Lake će nuditi najveću fleksibilnost pri odabiru platforme jer će podržavati operativne sisteme Chrome OS, MeeGo i Windows, ali na spisku nažalost nema Android OS-a.
    Velike li žalosti
    Izvinjavam se droidašima

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Auh što napravi Loverclocker sa copy-paste tekstovima.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intel do kraja! I sada otvaraju 4 nove fabrike! A zašto, šta mislite? Zato što su EKSTRA!

Pozz!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DEY0BAR View Post
    Auh što napravi Loverclocker sa copy-paste tekstovima.
    a što sam to napravio junače sa člancima iz eMagazina?
    -->*-TRIATLON PG!-*<--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts

Pošto niko ne odgovara da pitam ovdje dako neko vidi
    ,,Ljudi ili ti ljudovi :grin:, želim da poboljšam malo zastareli kompjuter, imam oko 400€:
    želim sledeće i volio bih da mi neko da neki savjet jer još nisam odlučio koju ću ploču i koliko mi napajanje treba. odlučio sam se za procesor i5 2500k, neku ploču do 100€, uzeću i neku ram memoriju 4gb ddr3 1300 do 50-60€ i napajnje do 700W, plus što želim sve to novo da stavim u ovaj kompjuter odnosno da ovo novo zamijenim sa postojećim. Koliko bi me to koštalo i da li iko od vas radi to, i da li se neko bavi prodajom komponenti i daje li iko na rate 2 ili 3 :wink: e da imam i grafičku nvidia9600gt 1gb ddr3 jeste da je zastarjela ali izguraće jos godinu dana. hvala unaprijed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information