Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please advice - HOW to learn FAST Montenegrin language?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please advice - HOW to learn FAST Montenegrin language?

I’m planning to visit Montenegro in February and have thought about learning Montenegrin language and master the basics.

It would be nice to get acquainted with local people and their culture in their own language, since they are more approachable and willing to help, if you make some effort to speak to them in Montenegrin.

What would be your advice - how to master Montenegrin language in the shortest possible time - which grammar and dictionary to use, and what is possible to buy on the net?

Maybe, some good self-learning language kit that comes as a software?

Kind Regards,

Maxi
    Last edited by maxi; 03-12-06 at 15:54.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maxi! If you rely like to learn Montenegian, you cannot learn for short time, give you self a god 1yer, or bay your self dictionary, that may help, good lack.
    Last edited by Brzi; 07-12-06 at 12:35.
    C.Gorski sindikat,Svizajedno!!!
    mi smo nebeski narod,ali na zemlji za chuda znamo.******!!!opet mi je umro konj.. steta bejashe dobar,gazio je ;) pogana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, Brzi is right.It`s not a language which you can learn so easy.Try to buy some cd with some good software so u can practice you speech.But, the grammar is very hard so my advice is don`t try to learn it completely.Learn a few things and that will be enough.I wish you a good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rvasanin View Post
    Yes, Brzi is right.It`s not a language which you can learn so easy.Try to buy some cd with some good software so u can practice you speech.But, the grammar is very hard so my advice is don`t try to learn it completely.Learn a few things and that will be enough.I wish you a good luck.
    I must agree with my Serbian friend here.

p.s. you betrayed Srpstvo since Great and true Serbs type English in cirilica!! :mrgreen:
    Ako pri svakoj prijateljskoj usluzi odmah misliš na zahvalnost, onda nisi darovao, već prodao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brzi View Post
    Maxi! If you rely like to learn Montenegian, you cannot learn for short time, give you self a god 1yer, or bay your self dictionary, that may help, good lack.
    Hi Londoner,

Say the magic word - Do you have a good dictionary or grammarbook to recommend or not - by the sound of your English, you are a beginner too?!

Believe (you) me, I am pretty knowledgeable how to apprehend learning a new language - just lacking a proper tools!

Regards

Maxi
    Last edited by maxi; 07-12-06 at 20:42.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A pocket dictionary is enough for the start..
    Good luck- you`ll need it our grammar is very abstruse ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brzi View Post
    xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa :lolblue:
    LoL
    your english is...awful
    no further comments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldnt bother, everyone speaks english in Montenegro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can easily buy dictonary on the net, but not dictonary of Montenegrin language. I think that it's not possible to buy it on the net and also hard even here, but there are dictonaries of Croatian and Serbian language (or older Serbo-Croatian), even Bosnian so that can help, cause 95% of stuff is the same in every of these languages. Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    I’m planning to visit Montenegro in February and have thought about learning Montenegrin language and master the basics.

It would be nice to get acquainted with local people and their culture in their own language, since they are more approachable and willing to help, if you make some effort to speak to them in Montenegrin.

What would be your advice - how to master Montenegrin language in the shortest possible time - which grammar and dictionary to use, and what is possible to buy on the net?

Kind Regards,

Maxi
    maxi when you com in podgorica search Prele Mihailovic. He lives in zabjelo and he cures peoples from all ilness. Beside that he hipnotiz people and he promis he can learn you englis for 2 hours.

I heard he cure aids and cancer many time. and englis for you is peac of cake for Prele.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Maxi, hope this will help

http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind Regards,

Maxi
    The easiest is to buy some Croatioan D DVD teaching lessons [try superknjizara.com], there are many other ones. Try Bosnian interliber.ba book store.

But, I recommend to stick to titles Croatian or Bosnian as it is 99% same as Montenegrin, Serbian is very silimar but has certain differences which automatically reveals that you [well not you] are serbian or...whichmay or may not be advisable in some situations.

Montenegrin language is just starting to be changed to official languages in Montenegro.

There are many internet sites for learning Croatian,...the way I learn foreign language eg, French is I buy comic books, movies, DVDs, books on learning that language [not dictionaries as you cannot really learn from them, just a reference] and watch TV from that nation etc...different things work for diff people. You can even subscribe to Montenegrin TV channels on JumpTV.com i think it called that, and listen to it or find free radio station over the net like radioantenam [something like that, i can check for you] and read newspapers over the net like sport daily www.arenacg.net its free to download daily etc,...Like i said Montenegrin language is not hard but grammar and certain rules are totally different than english,,,alot of rules are similar as in italian or spanish, so if those are not too hard for you than you wont have too much of tough time.

PS. Try learning about 5-10 phrases/sentences in various areas of life/sport;shopping etc. thats a great way to start to learn a foreign language. Sort of like Pimsleur cd roms.

Have fun [if you havent been there yet and good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Kind Regards,

Maxi
    Good luck my son
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U can study serbian, its much more easyer, the words are shorter
    /

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or the most easiest way is to find a girl in Montenegro, spend some quality time with her, and there is no better way of learning foreign languages Trust me, I tried it when I was in London, an it helped. So what I do whenever I go abroad is fall in love with the native speaker, and bla, bla, bla, bla....
    Mrvica

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrvica View Post
    Or the most easiest way is to find a girl in Montenegro, spend some quality time with her, and there is no better way of learning foreign languages Trust me, I tried it when I was in London, an it helped. So what I do whenever I go abroad is fall in love with the native speaker, and bla, bla, bla, bla....
    "the most easiest"???

This London-girl has to be from Most-easiestan-a, or you are just a natural talent for "nativ" languages!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind Regards,

Maxi
    Hi Maxi, wherever you are!:sad:

Just to clarify about this "Montenegrin language" - to put it nicely: it doesn't exist. Montenegrins are using Serbian language since the middle ages and the difference between Serbian language and Montenegrin local dialect is as much as there is difference between an Englishman and Yorkshireman.

Simply, any Serbian or Croatian dictionary will help!

Regards

jujy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jujy View Post
    "the most easiest"???

This London-girl has to be from Most-easiestan-a, or you are just a natural talent for "nativ" languages!?
    "more or most" with short adjectives
    Sometimes "more/most" are used with adjectivest that normally have -er/est.
    In a rather formal style, most can be used with adjectives expressing approval or disapproval .
    " The road is getting more and more steeper"
    "[SIZE=-1]Mr. Bean, I guess the most easiest way, by all common sense, would be to first open the door, allow the people in, and then put yourself in....."
    Or you can just ask Mr. Google
    [/SIZE]
    Mrvica

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"more or most" with short adjectives
    Sometimes "more/most" are used with adjectivest that normally have -er/est.
    In a rather formal style, most can be used with adjectives expressing approval or disapproval .
    " The road is getting more and more steeper"
    "[SIZE=-1]Mr. Bean, I guess the most easiest way, by all common sense, would be to first open the door, allow the people in, and then put yourself in....."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Or you can just ask Mr. Google [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    Mr. Google is the easiest way to get it wrong!

The English grammar is a better place to look:

Rules for comparatives and superlatives!

To make the comparative and superlative of:

- one syllable adjectives ending in -e (put "more" and "most" in front)

- other one syllable adjectives (change "y" to "i" and add -er, -st)

- two-syllable adjectives ending in "y" (add -er, -st)

- other two-syllable adjectives (put "more" and "most" in front)

- longer adjectives (add -er, -st)

Mono syllable adjectives form comparative with a suffix -er: small, smaller (exceptions are JUST and REAL).

MOST - forming superlatives of adjectives and adverbs, esp. those of more than one syllable: MOST EASILY, MOST ABSURD!

There are many examples in Shakespeare:

Hamlet says "more richer", Mark Antony "most unkindest" (Julie Ceaser). But in modern English such usages are always NONSTANDARD, heard only in jocular context, or in regional dialect: "more nicer", "the bestest".

In fiction, an inflected polysyllabic adjective (e.g. finickiest) is usually the sign of a RUSTIC, UNEDUCATED, or DOWN-TO-EARTH character.... , many of them working in advertising, whose interest is only to add extra dynamic emphasis.... ;-)

Such people can also be highly idiosycratic in their usage.

Here is Mrs. Day in Thomas Hardy's UNDER THE GREENWOOD TREE inventing several comparatives:

"The parishioners about here.... are the laziest, gossipiest, poachest, jailest set of any ever I came among."

BTW, by your precious standards, anyone who wants to acquire any knowledge of this 'Montenegrin vernacular' would eventually need to sleep with someone from Montenegro?! ;-)

What a country?! What a people?! :-)

ps. What would be the difference between "the most easiest" and "the easiest"?!

Hardly any - but four letters more...! :-)
    Last edited by jujy; 13-04-07 at 12:21.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

BTW, by your precious standards, anyone who wants to acquire any knowledge of this 'Montenegrin vernacular' would eventually need to sleep with someone from Montenegro?! ;-)

What a country?! What a people?! :-)

ps. What would be the difference between "the most easiest" and "the easiest"?!

Hardly any - but four letters more...! :-)
    What is wrong if two young people wants to make out? Who suggested sleeping, maybe waking up at the crack of dawn, and making love?!?!That is, my dear, completely different from sleeping!!!:mad:

Anyway, Mr Google shows usage of active English, so don't diminish it, as there you can find a lot of official sites using something that is "non-standard"!!!Just don't be a grammar bookworm!!!

P.S. it is used when one wants to make an emphasis on advising, in this case!. It's up to him,whether he will take it or not!
    Mrvica

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is wrong if two young people wants to make out? Who suggested sleeping, maybe waking up at the crack of dawn, and making love?!?!That is, my dear, completely different from sleeping!!!:mad:

Anyway, Mr Google shows usage of active English, so don't diminish it, as there you can find a lot of official sites using something that is "non-standard"!!!Just don't be a grammar bookworm!!!

P.S. it is used when one wants to make an emphasis on advising, in this case!. It's up to him,whether he will take it or not!
    "He" could be she, and "young" could be old - don't patronise or generalise, if you don't need to...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"He" could be she, and "young" could be old - don't patronise or generalise, if you don't need to...
    You are right! I certainly must apologize for being so ignorant!!!
    Mrvica

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind Regards,

Maxi
    subscribe/like following...

https://www.facebook.com/LearningMontenegrin/

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...mp;action=view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind Regards,

Maxi
    subscribe/like following...

https://www.facebook.com/LearningMontenegrin/

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...mp;action=view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The easiest way to learn Montenegrin is with teacher, some basic things such as the personal pronouns and other starting things. Montenegrin can be very difficult if you have a bad start. You should know that Montenegrin is the normative variety of the Serbo-Croatian language mainly used by Montenegrins and it is mutally intelligible between serbian, croatian and bosnian even more than american and british english are! Here are some websites i found on internet.

https://www.loecsen.com/en/learn-croatian
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNu...MzjB9PYXDHjxUw

If you need any help, do not hesitate to contact me!!!
    Last edited by Michaelcg; 09-11-18 at 20:36.

Thread Information