Thread: Cat poisoned in Bar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cat poisoned in Bar

I thought this information is important for those who have children and pets and for all other people. Here's what happened:

At 12:30 on 17th February I found a dead cat in Bar, on Bulevar 24.Novembra. The cat had foam on his mouth and a widened stomach. Next to the cat I found the remains of fish which was covered in a blue substance. I thought that was poison and I contacted the police. They refused to deal with that at first. When I called the second time they offered me to come to the office. In the office they were insisting they don't work with cases like that, that I had to contact an organisation for animal protection, and that they can't let me write any "prijava" because the cat wasn't mine and I didn't know who poisoned the cat. I told them there was suspected poison on the grass in the middle of the town and that there were kids and other people walking nearby, and that I will record their refusal to work on this case on the dictaphone. They then let me talk to the inspector who took a handwritten account of what happened in a book that looked like a paper diary, and sent a "komunalna" police to the place. They gave me no document about what happened and what I told them.

The komunalna police told me they could do nothing but just issue a document that they saw a dead cat on the grass. They came about half an hour later and issued that document, saying that that was the business of the veterinary inspector.

I called to the veterinary inspector but he said to call him back two hours later and that meanwhile I must watch the place ("objezbediti"). He also mentioned that was the business of "komunalna" police and not his.

Almost three hours after I found the cat the veterinary inspector came and said that if I'd pay for the tests and bring the suspected poison to Podgorica for tests myself, then I will be able to find out what kind of poison that was. As I understood from his words nobody else was going to deal with that. I collected the samples of the poison myself under his instructions. I said I was ready to pay for the tests but wasn't able to go to Podgorica myself. The inspector offered no solution. I was on my way to discard the samples, when the veterinary inspector took them away, without clarifying what he was going to do with them.

The "komunalna" cleaners came at about 15:30 and took the dead cat away. They had no instruments to clean away the poison from the grass as they said they were told they would have to deal with the cat only. An antiseptic from a veterinary ambulance nearby was poured over the poison and that was the end of work.

Thus, a poisoned cat and the suspected poison stayed there for almost 4 hours with only me and my husband watching the place and warning the people about the danger. There were pet owners and children around. One child even tried to pick up flowers there.

Some photos are here:
    The fish covered in poison: http://i.imgur.com/87ScFDR.jpg
    Children walking past the poisoned cat and the place where the poison was:http://i.imgur.com/RU7O2AX.jpg
    A family walking past the poisoned cat, the taller boy tried to touch the cat: http://i.imgur.com/GJbf1vu.jpg?1
    The little girl was picking up flowers around the place where the poison was found: http://i.imgur.com/t49TXak.jpg

I would also like to tell this story to people who don't speak English. Can you, please, help me translate it into Serbian?

Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    775 Posts

Give me some time,i will translate this for you.I am always sorry to hear about cats or some other animals being poisoned...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you so very much! I'm still in shock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U're in shock? Wait till u see pictures of 20 poisoned dogs in Nikšić.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same in every city, that poison was for abandoned dogs, and i think it's a rat poison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

What the irony is, looks like 20-30 meters away a Veterinary Ambulance is located...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll double my reply as the previous version has disappeared somewhere. I'm sorry if you see two versions together.

@nexus4 It probably happened early in the morning or at night, as people saw that dead cat already at 8:00 am, so the vet clinic was no help. Another thing is, though, that clients with pets were coming to the clinic all the time while the poison was still there, so it was potentially dangerous.

@Lukas I don't think the poison was left for dogs as it was put into sardines.

@clapton I'm truly sorry for all the poisoned animals. Nothing of this should have happened! When I say I'm in shock, I mean the real shock, as I used to know the cat personally, if I can say so, and I still can't entirely comprehend that it has happened to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who would poison cats, cats don't bite?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I feel sorry whenever I see or hear that someone poisoned an animal. Last year someone threw a poison some 500 meters away from my house, and my cat, who I liked veeery much ate it and died. She was gone for 2-3 days and I was worried, and next day I saw her lying dead on the lawn near my house.I was shocked. Later that day I read there were another 10-15 cats and dogs poisoned at the same time. People can't just kill animals like that. That's not a solution.
    ''Primer popravlja mnogo bolje od prekora.''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Lukas I have no idea. There weren't many cats there and those that were there, were well cared for and neutered (couldn't produce more kittens), so I see absolutely no motivation for the poisoning at all, apart from just an evil intention to hurt an animal.

@Meni za ljubav I'm very sorry for your cat. I can't imagine how it must have felt You are, of course right, and this must be influenced somehow. I'm not talking about changing everything just in a blink of an eye, but I'm sure that every little step helps.

@NightY I'm very happy they published this, thanks for the link!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,272 Posts

sorry Sasha but we have a lot bigger problems in our country than that poisoned cat, somebody stole a whole road today for instance
    She is only here to annoy herself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somehow I think when the laws are divided into important ones and not important ones, it's not surprising that bigger problems happen, because the importance of something is subjective, and when trespassing some laws is accepted in a society, there will always be those who think that stealing a whole road is just as acceptable as killing a cat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,272 Posts

I don't think they had that in mind though

I appreciate your love for animals but this society needs a thorough rebuild from scratch, no law will change it over night
    She is only here to annoy herself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We are probably talking about the same thing

Thread Information