Thread: Please, help find an animal abuser!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please, help find an animal abuser!

Please, help catch an animal abuser.
    At night, 26-27 January, in Bar, street 24 Novembra ( the building next to Popovic vet clinic) somebody cut a cat's tail off. I've known this cat for a long time, I've been taking care of her. The cat was all right at around 7 pm on 26 and was found injured 11.30 am on 27 January.
    It's very likely the cat was harmed not far away, or in, the mentioned building.
    Police is informed, the investigation has been started.
    If you heard or saw anything unusual, please call 122 - police or +38267859769, or leave your information here.

Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Montenegrian police started an investigation?? Am I reading this right?? If it is like you said, this is unusual case. Our police will not start an investigation for bigger, and more serious things than cat's tail which was cut.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan. View Post
    Montenegrian police started an investigation?? Am I reading this right?? If it is like you said, this is unusual case. Our police will not start an investigation for bigger, and more serious things than cat's tail which was cut.
    They accepted my report, put all down in signed documents, documented the place, where it happend, and took the samples found. I'm not sure about terminology, but they did react.

I really want to find the person, who did it. That's serious. It's not about liking or disliking cats any more, that's about a sadist on the loose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can't believe it they documented all those information and started an investigation. Well done for our police. Before 5-6 days, in Budva, one guy hit us in car by his car.. my friend got out, this guy started getting away, hit my friend by his car, he felt on the ground, we called police, police came after 10 minutes, we told them what happened, they sad "Don't worry, we're going to make a few laps arround city to try to find him", without any signed documents and no samples at all. And since that, nobody called him for nothing...
    Its offtopic, I know, SORRY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sick bastart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts

Italians eat whole cats, maybe you should contact carabinieri and report them?

gosh...
    She is only here to annoy herself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Sadly our country is like that and the truth is no one will move a finger coz a cat got her tail cut. It is a monstruosity but you really can't do much to change it

Sent from my s3
    Sate sate sate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need to do all I can do. Will it change nothing? Maybe, but I will know that I did all that was in my power.

People reacted differently. Somebody got really aggressive and was leaving nationalistic notes for me on top of my paper ads that I placed near the area where it happened, like "go back to Russia" and so on.

This is the law, I'm not making new things here. Hurting animals is illegal. The fact that some people find the idea of following the law absurd, leads to them living in a world where the law is nothing but absurd.

We do create the world we live in.

Back from philosophy to the topic - when a person doesn't like cats it's his choice and his preferences. When a person tortures an animal it means that a person is sick. It's not about preferences any more. It's about living next to a sick person, when nothing at all can guarantee what exactly his sick mind will choose to do next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,242 Posts

It's nice of you that you take care of the cat, but this shit happens here all the time, and the police do nothing about it. You can contact some animal rights organizations from mne, I am sure they will help you out with some stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mojsije View Post
    It's nice of you that you take care of the cat, but this shit happens here all the time, and the police do nothing about it. You can contact some animal rights organizations from mne, I am sure they will help you out with some stuff.
    Thank you for the idea and for the support I found the police quite helpful. True, they are not reacting in full power, but they did react and they reacted much better than Russian police would.

So, do you mean such cruelty happens here all the time? I've heard about animal poisoning before, and although it is also illegal and cruel, there's at least some logic behind it, it's cruel, it's illegal, but it has an aim.

What was done to this cat was a torture for the sake of torture. It's not even an illegal way to eliminate animals from an area, it's a symptom of a mental illness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts

yes there are mentally ill people walking around..the state just doesn't have enough $$$ to hospitalize all of them and that will last for a while

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its a cultural thing, in Australia people are sent to jail or face massive fines for the mistreatment of animals. In MNE people just seem to accept animal cruelty and in fact participate in it. My neighbour in Herceg Novi shoots (and kills cats) that come into his yard, shocking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, that's the thing. That's the cultural thing that is already controlled by the law. Animal abusers are also sent to courts in MNE in case they are reported. Your neighbor sounds horrific. Has anybody ever reported him?

After this story happened to the cat I talked to many people and heard many stories about other animal abuse. Every time I asked "what did the police do" people answered "nobody has reported". They are also sure that the police wouldn't do anything. But how can they be sure if they have never tried?

I reported that crime that happened. The police has filed documents for this crime straight away. There were no problems with that, they took it seriously. The inspector told me that if there was a witness who saw the abuser, the abuser would be held, questioned, sent to court.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts

I can ensure you there was not such case in Montenegro, at least not one that I can remember of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alexandra, why are you always giving us these negative examples? Yes, it's tough in a new country, a bit of a culture shock...try to get over it!! As they say in my new country: "if you don't like it, go back to where you came from" ;-)

Of course I don't mean it, being a migrant as you are... I understand.

try to get over your cultural patronization and enjoy the sunshine! Grow some mandarins and pomegranates!! You can think of us Montenegrin humans as natural predators to cats and everything will feel better.
    Last edited by frnjok; 11-02-13 at 13:36.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts

she has already said that police reacted better than russian would...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Being a predator (for food) and cruelty (for fun?) are two different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts

many animals are cruel too, just look at wolves...it's not our specialty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Leave wolves alone!
    (╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSX View Post
    I can ensure you there was not such case in Montenegro, at least not one that I can remember of.
    I remember at least this one http://www.vijesti.me/vijesti/uhapse...a-clanak-88419

Frnjok,
    I'm not sure what you mean by saying that I "always give these negative examples". I started the topic to solve one exact problem and growing mandarinas will not solve it. If you want to read positive things about your country, start a topic about it, I will write there, as I have a lot of good things to say about Montenegro.

Do you eat cats? Because that's what you suggested.

Cutting a cat's tail off is not a question of culture or food preferences. The person who did this is sick and it's not clear what stopped him from cutting off a part of a human body. It's also not certain if it will stop him the next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Zalexandra. Quite frankly, I appreciate you are on this forum and trying to engage the locals to make Montenegro a better place. If nothing else you give our guys some English language practice ;-) Knowing my people, however, I'm not sure you'll get too far on this one.
    My advice: try to understand this place a bit more, enjoy what is available and focus on the positives.

Thread Information